Dear PAYSA Families,
We hope 2021 finds you safe and looking to better times ahead. Last fall we held a surprisingly successful series of practices and scrimmages drawing close to 70 kids over several weekends in September and October. Most importantly, we were able to hold the mini-season safely with no known incidents of COVID.
Building on lessons learned from that experience, at this time we are planning for a full baseball season this spring and 2021 In-House Registration is now OPEN! Click the Registration tab at the top of our website homepage to access the Registration link or click here:
We will be following all relevant COVID-related guidelines and as we did in the fall, take every precaution to ensure safety. THIS WILL INCLUDE REQUIRING ALL COACHES, PLAYERS, AND FAMILY MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE TO BE FULLY AND PROPERLY MASKED, 100% OF THE TIME. As more becomes known re: vaccination rates and other relevant information, we will update you on our planning. If you would like your child to play this spring, please don’t wait to register as we will be paying close attention to registration numbers and use that to inform safety precautions and other decision-making.
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION BELOW
2021 Registration Fee = $85 per player
- Multi-children discounts are provided and financial aid is available upon request.
- We anticipate holding a full, uninterrupted season. If the pandemic prevents that from happening, we will process refunds upon request.
All practices and games are held at the fields at 48th & WOODLAND AVENUE.
WE PLAN TO CLOSE REGISTRATION ON MARCH 8th, OR WHEN ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED! Please register as soon as possible. We are expecting the league to fill up quickly this year and do not have the field space to expand.
On the registration page, you will be asked about siblings and evenings your child cannot practice. WE CANNOT ACCOMMODATE REQUESTS MADE AFTER REGISTRATION. Please be sure to include any constraints when you register.
PAYSA works very hard to balance teams for age, ability, and gender; we believe that meeting new teammates and getting to know the entire PAYSA community is an important part of our mission. THEREFORE, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO HONOR REQUESTS OUTSIDE OF THOSE RELATED TO SIBLINGS, EVENING CONSTRAINTS, AND ADULTS WISHING TO COACH TOGETHER.
This year, divisions will be set up as follows:
- Pee Wee: Intro to the game; will meet one time per week on the weekend (mostly 3- and 4-year olds* as of March 1)
- Tee Ball: Will begin the year hitting off the tee and “graduate” to pitching machine/coach pitch; will practice once a week for 60 minutes and one game per weekend (mostly 5- and 6-year olds* as of March 1)
- Rookie: Regular baseball (pitching machine); will practice once a week for 90 minutes with one (occasionally two) game per weekend (mostly 7-, 8-, and 9- year olds* as of March 1)
- Senior Rookie: Regular baseball (pitching machine and partial kid-pitch); will practice once a week for 90 minutes with one (occasionally two) game per weekend (mostly 9-, 10-, and 11- year olds* as of March 1)
* PAYSA will place your child in the appropriate division based on their ability and the safety of all players.
Player Evaluation Day will be Saturday, March 20th from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. ALL PLAYERS WISHING TO PLAY AT THE ROOKIE OR SENIOR ROOKIE LEVELS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND.
Opening Day is Saturday, April 10th. Games will be played on Saturdays and possibly a few weeknights (instead of practice, later in the season). No games Memorial Day weekends.
Closing Day is Saturday, June 5th.
Picture Day and any other events are still TBD.
We need volunteers to help coach!
- We will provide you with all the knowledge & tools you need! There is a section in the Registration Process to let us know if you are interested. PAYSA is a 100% volunteer-run organization. Join our team to help keep PAYSA strong!
Thank you, and here’s to the start of a safe and fulfilling 2021 baseball season!